"She thought she could, so she did"




Fear what?





Fear is something that has had a major part in my life, and I'm sure everyone has experienced this whether you choose to admit it or not. But as hard as it is to admit I'm not as confident as I might seem as I always let fear get the better of me. I'm the type of person to overthink situations and assume outcomes without them even occurring and usually they're negative. So you might say I am the half empty cup person.

This has caused me to miss out on many experiences, but I have not just accepted this and have tried to overcome this. It has been extremely difficult since I have set myself different goals, the first one was to start this blog. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I decided to start one back in December but I was just so insecure and was overthinking it all. It was just a fear of being rejected and being insecure of my work. But after a couple of months of overthinking the situation I decided to start one, I held on to my first post for about 3 days before publishing it and I read over it about 100 times. I was constantly comparing it to other blogs and as you can imagine I thought it was not as good and just continued to make up negative scenarios in my head. Clicking that publish button was the greatest thing I had ever done and I was so proud of myself for doing it. For once I didn't care what people thought or if I didn't get any views it was just me doing it for myself. 


Since doing this I have had confidence to try things I have always been fearful of, and I can finally say after 8 years I went swimming yesterday, at first so many thoughts went through my head. Stepping out of the changing rooms was so hard that I didn't want to leave as I felt incredibly insecure but I had a great support system with me, so they didn't let me give up. I went into the water completely terrified of drowning and thinking oh my today will be the end of me! Anyways long story short by the end of the session I found myself at the deep end of the pool and even though I wasn't the greatest swimmer I had the time of my life, even had enough courage to dive into the pool. I would like all my viewers to try something they've always been fearful of doing, it doesn't matter how long it takes you. If I could do it I'm pretty certain anyone can, believe me it is not easy, but it will all be worth it after you've done it. I hope this post has inspired all of you to go out there and do something you've always wanted to do.

3 comments

  1. I definitely relate to this, and congrats on finally going swimming! I hope I can have your courage to do something like that soon.

    angelina-is.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and hopefully you will. Already loving your blog.

      Delete
  2. Way to go! I too was controlled by fear for a long time. I have conquered some of my fears and others i have learned that they were in my head all along. Kudos to you! And lets keep going! We got this :)

    ReplyDelete