"She thought she could, so she did"




January Ohhh Yasss and Hell Narhhh

These past few months have been filled with university assignments and January blues. Oh did I mention the weather as well, awful, most days I don't even want to leave my bed. Getting colds after colds, but not so long ago I treated myself to a makeup haul. I think I went a little overboard but it did make me feel better. I now have a few products that have been my favourite since getting them, some are a little priced but others are so inexpensive I was left questioning my existence on why I had not gotten them earlier. This January favourites includes everything from cosmetics to skin care etc and the not so favourites.

January Ohhh YASSS:

1. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer:

This has literally got to be my favourite concealer so far and don't know why it has taken me so long to try it. It's truly amazing and it doesn't crease at all even the days I forget to set it with powder. I got two shades since I didn't want extreme highlighting and wanted something that matched my skin tone. Also I got a little lighter shade for the days I felt like highlighting, and it made it look so natural. I even got away with just wearing the concealer without the foundation and the best thing is that no one realised till I pointed it out. This has literally been the best concealer that I have ever purchased and its perfect for all types of skin combinations.

2. Maybelline Baby Skin- Lightweight Primer:

Being someone with dry skin, it's really hard to find a face primer that doesn't dry up on my face. I've tried a few Primers and have noticed some of their textures are oily and too greasy, but this one did the job for me. It also erased my pores, made my skin look super smooth and also my skin was glowing after putting my foundation on. But the texture is weird, I can't describe it, its just really weird. My foundation also glided onto my skin perfectly without making my foundation look too dry and cakey. And the best thing about it, it's only £7.

3. Too Faced Chocolate Bar:

Can we just discuss how amazing these eye shadows smell incredible like pure chocolate I just want to eat it. The colours are a mixture between matte and shimmery, the shimmery colours are neutral so it's not shimmery colourful. which is good because I love neutral colours. But can I just say how much I love Hazelnut and Creme Brulee, my favourite colours in the palette. The amount of neutral looks you can create with these shadows are endless and you can also give your look a little bit of a glamorous look with the shimmery shades.

4. Freedom Eyebrow Pomade Chocolate:

Guys if you're looking for a dupe for the Anastasia Pomade this is the prefect dupe. The texture is creamy and not dry, after wearing it after a long day it doesn't smear. Also it's available in so a lot of colours therefore there is one for everyone. After having it for an entire month it hasn't dried out and the texture feels like it did when I first got it. I don't know how it'll work on oily or combination skin type but for me it was just amazing.

5. Nivea Facial Wash Gel, Nivea Gentle Exfoliating Scrub and Nivea Sensitive Cream: 

I think I've become a little obsessed with Nivea products, I didn't think anything could outdo my Simple face washes and scrubs, and it pains me to say this but I've found a replacement. These Nivea face wash/scrub is just amaze, I use the face wash in the morning. It literally makes my skin feel refreshed and hydrated. I use the Scrub at night after a long day, and it just digs deep and when I say you can feel it digging because it does burn a little. I have never felt my face so smooth and clean I recommend it to everyone. The face cream is my favourite since it has SPF15 and you know we all need a little protection from the sun. Well not that it's a problem here in the UK.
6. The Body Shop Face brush:


This face brush is so soft and really exfoliates your face, it's pretty amazing to see what a little brush can do. The bristles are so soft and moves easily around your face. This has been an absolute life saver for me as it opens up by clogged pores and it has actually helped with the occasional spots I get on my face.  

January Hell Narhhh: 

1. Revlon Colorstay Concealer:


To be honest I don't even remember getting this concealer but I think it was the start of the month. Omg what a waste I don't even remember how much it was, but no matter what you set it with, it creases. And because I have dry skin this concealer is not creamy enough therefore dried out my face even more. This obviously resulted to my skin becoming ashy and it was just awful, also the concealer just soaked up all my setting powder and my skin looked even drier. 


2. Collection Lasting Colour lipstick- Red carpet and Aubergine kiss:

These colours looked so good and looked creamy and pigmented. But boy was I wrong, when I put it on my lips the Red Carpet one especially. It was so dry, not matte, but just super dry. No matter how much lip balm you put under it, it is just super dry and the texture is also dry and hard to put on the lips. The Aubergine Kiss was a little creamer but the problem with that was it kept leaving a white ring around my lips and also it smeared everywhere. I had to constantly reapply it and the colour comes out really darker than it looks.












No comments