"She thought she could, so she did"




Worth the hype?- Carli Palette



As you can all imagine I was super excited when I first received an email from Bhcomestics that it was my turn to get my Carli palette, which at that point I had given up on since I was waiting for it for so long. Being a big fan of Carli I wanted an inexpensive palette and when she came out with her own I was ecstatic.

So after ordering my palette, the shipping was such a long wait and also it costed £9 to get it shipped to the UK I know expensive right? since the palette was roughly £7. But this didn't stop me, I woke up everyday frantically tracking my palette and everyday it would be in LA to the point that it became very frustrating. After waiting about 10 days or so my palette had arrived, I was so excited that the moment I came home I dropped everything and literally ran to it.

My first impressions of the packaging was 'woah' looked amazing since I hadn't seen anything like it, it was white and looked so sophisticated. I didn't use the palette till about Saturday when I was attending a wedding and was excited to try it out since it was spoken about so much. When Saturday rolled around I got my palette out and started using the Plum colour on my crease the first thing I had noticed was none of the colours had names on them but I wasn't too bothered to be honest. After using this I went for the gold/brown shimmery colour okay it pains me to say this but I honestly regretted using that colour, the fall out was so bad that it went everywhere, on the palette and my face. As I went along I noticed this happened with a lot of the shimmery colours, anyways I was able to deal with this after I put a little Fixplus on my brush as the colours actually stayed. Guys the first row of colours as so pigmented, however the shimmery colours are not so pigmented and you notice this throughout but if you use a little Fixplus you're good to go.

After the shadows I moved on to the highlighters and they were amazing guys I can't even describe it. When I say a little goes a long way, my highlight was literally on 'fleek' the whole night, I was admiring it throughout the night. Especially the gold one guys its to die for, I've never owned highlighters except the Sleek ones and what a difference these highlighters made. Also the thing I love about these highlighters are that they are versatile, you can use it on every skin shade, being someone who struggles to find some for my shade and when I do they look ashy but this was perfect. And for the price of the palette the 4 highlighters were just perfect I would even go to say I would of paid the same price for just the highlighters or even more because they're that good.
                     
Even though I had a little problem with the pigmentation of the shadows I didn't expect high end to be honest since the price was so low. But the colours are so beautiful just a little dry but you can work around that. Plus the packaging doesn't look tacky and it's super easy to clean. I think Carli has done so well on this palette even though there are some improvements to be made, it's so awesome that her first palette turned out so good. So the big question is; Is it worth the hype?! Absolutely I would recommend this to anyone looking for decent shadows and amazing highlighters at a reasonable price. Just a little side note, the shadows seem like a dupe of the Naked 3 palette so if that isn't in your price range I'll definitely say stick to Carli's palette. 

2 comments

  1. I love this palette, and mostly for the highlight colours too! I agree with you on the fall out though, but the colours are so pretty :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right they're so pretty ! and the Highlighters are just amaze :) x

      Delete