"She thought she could, so she did"




Battle Of The Eyeliners !

I know how hard it is to try do your top liner and how difficult it becomes when you do one winged liner perfect but then the other eye just becomes a pain in the backside. So I would go on beauty shopping sprees where I would only buy liquid liners, go home and try it on, then get frustrated when the liner was too light or watery. This occurred a few times before I realised after some time that it wasn't really the fault of the eyeliners but my technique.

Well as you can imagine I watched tons of tutorials on YouTube and every one I watched recommended a different type of eyeliner. So I would get one each time till I got one of each, for example Gel Liner, Liquid Liner and Eyeliner marker. I started to use one for a whole week before moving on to the next one just to see how it was before making my mind up. Also going to Superdrug was amazing since they had each one I wanted for less than £10.


The first one I tried was the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner which was £7.99, in the packet you will find the Gel liner which is in a small pot, at first I thought did I just spend £7.99 for it to finish in a week. But it didn't and about a month later I still have it. Also in the packet there is a Maybelline eyeliner brush which was a life saver since I didn't want to buy a separate brush. I tried it on and it was really easy to use since it wasn't watery and the brush was really helpful as it made it easier to do my winged liner. But the only thing that put me off was that the black wasn't black it was a bit light and also the liner would fade easily.

After trying that for a week I moved on to the second liner which was Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liner and it was £5.99. This was the eyeliner marker so it is in a form of a pen. Which I was happy about since I thought it would be the easiest thing to use but boy was I wrong. For me personally it was really hard to use since the liner would smudge easily and the liner didn't move freely around my eyelids, but I must admit it looked really nice after fully applying it. It just annoyed me in how much effort it took for it to dry as it didn't dry as quickly as other liners causing it to smudge majority of the times.


The final liner I got was recommend to me by my best friend, who I would annoyingly ask how she got her liquid liner so perfect every time I saw her. So after sometime of asking she showed me the liner she used which was Collection Fast Stroke Eye Liner. Wait for it.....the amazing part was it was only £2.99 and after buying all those other liners it was an exciting moment for me. Since the price wasn't so high I didn't set the standards so high, but it instantly proved me wrong. The brush was firmer than the usual ones I got since it didn't move around my eyelids and it was easy to create solid lines. Also the liquid was watery so I imagined it would take some time to dry, but in fact it dried almost straight after I applied it. Since I was obsessed with my liner being black and not jut washed out black, this was perfect as it took only one appliance for it to become jet black. This became my favourite liner and till this day I use it. And I would recommend this to other users who struggle with winged liner like me, especially beginners who are struggling with getting their liners symmetrical as the brush helps create solid lines.


But I didn't want my Maybelline Gel Liner to go to waste so I found a solution to use both liners. As I only had one issue with the Maybelline Gel liner, which was that it wasn't dark enough. I have since used it for creating a base for my winged liner, but go over it with my Collection Liner to make it dark enough that it didn't look washed out.

  (The prices listed are in Pounds therefore may differ for viewers in different countries)

1 comment

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster award/tag! Check it out :-) http://loraforever.blogspot.ie/2015/05/the-liebster-award-tag-get-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete