"She thought she could, so she did"




August Favourites



 With summer rapidly coming to an end, August has by far been one of my favourite months purely because I was able to play around with some 'NYX' products. Being able to have a NYX stand close to me now, I can finally binge on as many products as I like which is a blessing and a curse at the same time. However, this month I also tried my first 'The Body Shop' makeup product and I was pretty amazed by the quality of the product and it almost completely blew me away.
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette:
Retail Price: £40
This palette has become one of my favourite eye shadow palettes of all time, I was a ride or die for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for so long. But I must admit this palette has topped it, the colours are so versatile and the ability to create various eye looks whether it be a smokey, soft summer eye look or simple eye look. This palette has been my go-to palette all summer. My favourite aspect of this palette is the pigmentation (literally to die for), also the colour "Baby", yes I've used it as a face highlighter which I was truly surprised at to be frankly honest. I haven't yet discovered a dupe for this palette but I'd suggest you try it out as it is the most versatile palette I have ever tried, from the matte colours to the shimmer shades. The pigmentation is light and buttery, and so easily to apply, however there are some colours that almost too pigmented which results to fall out. But I'd rather pigmentation and a little fall out over patchiness any day, who wouldn't?
NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray:
Retail Price: £7
After a long time of using MAC fix+ as my water based setting spray, I finally came across a new setting spray that is prefect for dry skin. What I've learnt about this spray is a little goes a long way, a couple of sprays and you're good to go. Having dry skin, especially around my cheek and nose area, makes it especially hard to be able to wear a matte finish. After trying this product out for about 2 weeks, I can finally wear a matte finish using a dewy finish setting spray. Confusing right? well, the dewy setting spray doesn't make your face look oily and needing to powder throughout the day. But rather gives you a healthy glow finish and a natural looking glow. There have been days where I've not worn makeup but rather just sprayed a little of the setting spray on my face and it's given me a moisturizing finish.  The best thing about this spray is the price, NYX also have the same spray but in Matte finish so if you have oil to combination skin that would be a good try for you.


The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation: 
Retail Price: £15
Discovering this foundation so late in the summer is really a bummer since the foundation has SPF 15 and I could of truly used the sun protection on the hottest days in London. After searching for a drugstore foundation that I could use on a daily basis without using my high-end brands has been a struggle. From trying Maybelline to Revlon, I just couldn't find a drugstore foundation that worked with my skin. Going into The Body Shop, I wouldn't have imagined I would walk out with a foundation. After finding the cream I was searching for, I couldn't help but notice they had a massive stand with a ton of makeup products. I couldn't help but find myself rummaging through the foundations looking for my shade, after finding my shade I was rather pleased with myself since it was a constant battle finding a shade that matched me. This foundation is a perfect drugstore foundation, purely because it doesn't soak into your skin but sits perfectly on my face. Also it has a natural glow, something I've been searching in a foundation for as long as I could remember. The only downside to this foundation is after wearing it for about 6 hours or so it starts to oxidase.  
                                           Maybelline Blush in Cosmopolitan:
Retail Price: £4.49
For as long as I could remember I was never a person to consistently wear blush, there was just something about it I just didn't like. I felt as though the colour would just sit on my face and not blend in. I have now realised blush wasn't the problem but rather the 'wrong' blush I was wearing. I have been wearing this blush throughout the entire summer, as it would blend into my skin so easily due to the pigmentation. The colour is a light pink therefore applying a little goes a long way and it does help that it has glitter which shines through after applying it. I've set a goal of trying the vast colour range they had in store since the pigmentation is so good. Even though the pigmentation is good, I'd suggest you use a damp beauty blender when applying as it allows for the colour to stand out and applies easier.  

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Berlin:
Retail Price: £5.50
These Soft Matte Creams have always been a favourite of mine but for some reason after wearing them for so long I lost interest in them. Not so long ago I discovered the Boots not far from me had finally gotten a NYX stand, and I knew I had to buy some new Lip Creams. The stand looked incredible if I do say so myself, and the variety of Lip cream colours available, I had to literally drag myself away. I purchased a range of 'nudes' and 'dark browns', and since then I have fallen back in love with these Lip Creams. 'Berlin' has become by far my favourite brown/nude shade as I have worn it practically everyday and for every look possible. I think I will head to Boots again to repurchase 'Berlin' as I already think I am running out and would defiantly need it for fall. 

1 comment

  1. The nyx spray sounds amazing might have to give it a go!
    www.lucyabbaszadeh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete